Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Procrastinating

I need help this morning. I am procrastinating big time again. It is days like this when it would be wonderful to have a partner again - a man to get outside and do the work out there so that I can concentrate on inside work that needs to be done. I have come to the conclusion that it is those two things that are keeping me behind all the time. I so often procrastinate because I don't have the energy I used to have, plus I know I will suffer later, especially with lawn mowing. And, when I used to be able to keep up with things, I had a husband who did the outside work on the yard, and keeping vehicles clean and in good shape. My last husband even liked to cook and wash dishes, and he always took out the garbage, not only from the house to the garbage can in the garage, but then took it all to the curb for weekly pick-up. But now I have all those duties added to my household duties. I don't like it!

I would like to use that time and energy to work on my sewing and other craft and needlework, to work at decluttering and a little redecorating, painting and refinishing furniture, cooking and baking, and the list goes on. I would like to be able to do that instead of being so tired all the time. Now I know there are other widows and single women my age that have never been married, and they seem able to get it all done. But it seems that I am not one of them. I don't like it. I don't mind being alone so much, but I would still love to have someone around to help with the work and the fun, someone to give me a hug when I need one, someone to perk up my spirits when I feel a bit low, someone to make me laugh till it hurts. Sigh. Sigh again.

But that is not going to happen, so I guess I better get started and see how much I can get done today. According to Flylady, this is Anti-procrastination Day, so I better take heed and get off my keister, get dressed, and start moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.