Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Faith Friday - Shrek the sheep

FAITH FRIDAY


Here is something that is making the rounds on Facebook, and probably forwarded in emails. I think this has a great message.













This is Shrek the sheep. He became famous
 several years ago when he was found after 
hiding out in caves for six years. Of course, 
during this time his fleece grew without anyone
 there to shorn (shave) it. When he was finally
 found and shaved, his fleece weighed an
 amazing sixty pounds. Most sheep have a
 fleece weighing just under ten pounds, with
 the exception usually reaching fifteen pound
s,
 maximum. For six years, Shrek carried six times
 the regular weight of his fleece. Simply
 because he was away from his shepherd.

This reminds me of John 10 when Jesus
 compares Himself to a shepherd, and His
 followers are His sheep. Maybe it’s a stretch,
 but I think Shrek is much like a person who
 knows Jesus Christ but has wandered. If we
 avoid Christ’s constant refining of our
 character, we’re going to accumulate extra
 weight in this world—a weight we don’t have to
 bear.

When Shrek was found, a professional sheep
 shearer took care of Shrek’s fleece in twenty-
eight minutes. Shrek’s sixty pound fleece was
 finally removed. All it took was coming home to
 his shepherd.

I believe Christ can lift the burdens we carry, if
 only we stop hiding. He can shave off our
 ‘fleece’—that is, our self-imposed burdens
 brought about by wandering from our Good
 Shepherd.

“Come to Me, all you who are weary and
 burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My
 yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am
 gentle and humble in heart, and you will find
 rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and my
 burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

This is perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.