Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Monday, March 3, 2014

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW

On February 20, 2014, we got some heavy snow. The snowflakes were huge. I just had to try and get some pictures to show the large flakes. It looked more like a flock of white birds flying through! It is very hard to tell, but these pictures are in color! Often, when it snows and the temperature is hovering right around 32 degrees, the snow is 'wet' and the flakes will stick together, causing the huge flakes like these. When the temp is really cold the snow tends to be very fine with tiny flakes, and takes much longer to accumulate.

If you like snow, or live where you don't usually get snow - enjoy!

I might repost these pictures when it is HOT this summer. (wink)





This was taken a little later than the one above. It didn't take long for the snow to get deeper. We ended up with about 2" of snow. That isn't a lot for us and doesn't stop things from moving, unless there is a strong wind to cause blowing, drifting and 0 visibility. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.