Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Friday, May 23, 2014

THE GOD OF WHAT'S LEFT

FAITH FRIDAY

Jentezen Franklin is another tv preacher I have watched a few times. One of his sermons was titled "The God of What's Left" and that caught my attention. You can watch videos of his sermons, or watch pod casts here. Check the TV schedule for channels that might carry his program, or watch it on TBN on Sundays at 8:00 am CT, or Monday nights at 8:00 pm CT.

Here are the notes I took:

The devil takes from you, but God does not allow him to take everything. There will always be a "stump" left. God will cause that "stump" to flourish.

Trust God to do what He promises. Look at Job. Job lost everything - his livelihood, all his children died, and he lost his health. All he had left was his faith in God. God is the God of what you have left.

He is not just the God of what you had, He is the God of what you lost, and the God of what you have left.

Restoration begins in your head. Ashes are what you have left after the fire. If you throw the ashes in the air toward God, they will come down and cover the enemy.

What is gone is not needed to be what God has planned for you. Your latter will be greater than your former.
_______________________________________________________________

After Job lost everything, but still trusted God, God blessed him with much more than what he lost. After you have been through a trial and feel like you have lost everything, don't lose hope, and don't lose your faith in God because He has not left you. He has left a 'stump' to sprout new growth. God prunes us and gets rid of what is not beneficial to our producing fruit. When He uses that pruning shears it hurts! It leaves a wound, but then a scab grows over it and it doesn't hurt as much, and eventually it leaves a scar. That scar is a reminder, but it no longer hurts. And now something new can start growing and take us a new and better direction.

I know this is true. I have seen it happen in my life, and I am better for it. It hasn't been easy, but it has been blessed. Never ever give up hope in what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.