Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

TIPS FROM 1920's

When I was recently scanning through hometown newspaper archives searching for things about ancestors, I ran across the following column with several helpful hints for wives.

These are quite frugal and simple, and worth a try today. I like the tip toward the bottom about the small fire shovel. Trying to find one of those may not be so frugal today, but is one to keep in mind. Evidently my mother had not read the tip on hanging clothes outside in cold weather!

I hope you can read these okay here. If not, leave a comment about it and I will type them out for you. I would also love to see some comments on what you think of these tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.