Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Monday, September 22, 2014

CATCHING UP

When I checked my posts I noticed it was just a month ago when I announced I would be absent for awhile. How time flies. I have been thinking of ideas for posts but that is as far as my mind would let me do. All it has been wanting to do is play games on the computer - you know, those mindless things. What I play is more a game of skill so I don't have to think while playing. I can even chat on the phone while playing because I can focus on the conversation and not think about the game.

The family emergency I noted earlier is still not resolved, but it is not quite the emergency it was. There is progress, and the end is in sight. Just praying it all turns out well. I can't say any more about it for privacy reasons. I can at least say the family feels a bit calmer now.

I have been reading a lot of books on my Kindle this summer. I only download the free books. Some have been very good, and a couple were questionable, but I had to finish them and see if I could figure out what they were all about. I like mostly mystery and romance, preferably both in the same story. They have been short reads, but I also love those really thick books that are so good I can't put them down. And when I come to the end I do not want it to end! I want more. I guess that indicates an excellent writer, doesn't it? I do immerse myself into the story as if I am part of it. One thing that I have found with some of the Kindle books is that there doesn't seem to be much proofreading done. One was really bad as words were misplaced or even missing. Otherwise it was a good story. Maybe I should have had a job as a proof reader with a publishing company? But, you will find errors in my writing as well. It is so much easier to proof someone else's writing because I know what I had written and don't see the errors - until after it is published. Then they really glare out at me!

Awhile back I was telling you about my decluttering. Obviously I did not get very far with that! It got put on hold with everything else happening around here, not to mention my body and mind taking vacations for awhile. Last week I had a better week and was able to get some much needed things done. And that was in spite of the fact that I couldn't sleep at night. I maybe got a total of 3 or 4 hours of sleep per night. I would be wide awake at 3 am and up and watching TV until finally getting sleepy enough to go back to bed around 6 am. One morning I was up until 9 am! Slept for a couple of hours and then was up for the day. I am sure it will remain a mystery why this is happening since I have not changed the amount of caffeine consumed or any other changes. The lack of sleep will catch up with me eventually.

I hope I am back in the groove now and able to more posting here. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi again,Lorita. I'm sorry to hear you have your hands full with a family emergency. I hope things work out for all concerned. Sleep....ah...yes. What is it that steals that rest we need? Take care of yourself and I will be in touch again soon. Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.