Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

HOME. . . .

MY HOME

I recently found these quotes about Home in the October, 2004 issue of Real Simple that I fell in love with.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"The woman is the home. 
That's where she used to be, 
and that's where she is. 
You might ask me, What if a 
man tries to be part of the 
home -- will the woman let him? 
I answer yes. Because then he 
becomes one of the children."

-Marguerite Duras, Practicalities

(I bet there are several wives who will agree with that!)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

" 'Home is the place where, 
when you have to go there, 
They have to take YOU in.' "

- Robert Frost, "The Death of the Hired Man"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Home sings me of SWEET things
My life there has its own wings
To fly over the mountain, though
I'm standing still."

-Karla Bonoff, "Home"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Keep the home fires burning,
While your hearts are yearning,
Though your lads are far away
They DREAM of home.
There's a silver lining
Through the dark cloud shining,
Turn the dark cloud inside out,
'Til the boys come home."

-Lena Guilbert Ford, "Keep the Home Fires Burning"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"It's the sweetest thing I know of,
just spending TIME with you.
It's the little things that make a house a home,
Like a fire softly burning and supper on the stove,
And the light in your eyes that makes me warm."

-John Denver, "Back Home Again"

(I love that song)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Home is a place not only of strong affections, 
but of entire UNRESERVE; 
it is life's undress rehearsal, 
its backroom, its dressing room, 
from which we go forth to more 
careful and guarded intercourse."

-Hariet Beecher Stowe, Little Foxes


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.