Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

CHURCH AUCTION OFFERINGS

Our church auction was delayed 2 weeks because of a snow storm, so it might seem a little late for this posting this year. I could not find a special afghan pattern that I wanted to make so just picked this one as it is fairly simple, not so large, and quick to make since I got a late start. This pattern is called "Northern Lights". I think the colors and shading is very pretty. I didn't think it would bring in the big money like my afghans in past years, and it didn't. I was a little concerned that it would not sell for the price of the materials, but it did go a little higher. If it had not, I feel like I should just donate the cash instead of putting in all my work and time. I will work harder at finding a special one for next year.


Next is the piece I thought might be the pièce de résistance this year and I was right. This crocheted christening gown is the piece chosen to ask for $20 donations, and then people bid on it to buy. I understand that it made around $400, so this was well worth my time and effort.








My other donations were a trio of crocheted tote baskets in three sizes. I took the pictures on a chair to show the different sizes.
                                                        
The large one is the first one I made. It was a learning curve. Either I wasn't following the directions correctly, or else I just didn't like the way the directions turned out. So did things a little differently on the last two. I don't know if others can tell the difference but I am happier.  (The two pictures above are of the same basket.)





















Each size has the colors arranged differently. The set of three came in one kit, so in order to have enough yarn of each color, it had to be done this way. But I did run out of the tan color so had to change things up a bit. It doesn't really matter, does it. At least I had enough of the other colors to finish them all. I did not hear what these sold for. The plan was to offer them individually rather than as a set. I think I need to make some of these for myself as I found them handy!

Now, to put my thinking cap on and pour over hundreds of patterns to decide what to make for next year.













3 comments:

  1. Your crochet items are beautiful. I think the rainbow afghan is very pretty. I'm sorry it didn't sell for more. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next year -- you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crochet items are beautiful. I think the rainbow afghan is very pretty. I'm sorry it didn't sell for more. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next year -- you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that Christening dress is gorgeous! I have a crocheted white dress my mom sent to Jessica when she was born that we used for her baptism.
    The afghan is very pretty and I would consider it to be very "special".
    I like those bags. I think I have some crocheted bag patterns pinned. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.