Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

I KNOW. . . . . MIA AGAIN

Yes, I know. It has been far too long since I have posted here. There are various reasons that I will not go into. Even though I have not posted, I have been thinking about what I will be posting, and even made a list or two as I think of them. Now, it is just a matter of making the time to work on it. I am not so sure December is conducive to finding the time. Right now I am in the middle of getting my annual Christmas letter written, labels printed, etc., among many other things. How can an old retired person that rarely goes anywhere be so busy?

As I was going through some old emails tonight, I ran across this one that I never forwarded to anyone, but I do think these thoughts should be pondered upon so I shall share them with you now.

TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LIFE

Someone has written these beautiful words.
Must read and try to understand the deep meaning of it.
They are like the ten commandments to follow in life all the time.

1. Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble,
but it is a "steering wheel" that directs the right path throughout.

2. So why is a car's windshield so large and the rear view mirror so small?
Because our past is not as important as our future.
So, look ahead and move on.

3. Friendship is like a book. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes
years to write.

4. All things in life are temporary. If it's going well, enjoy it, that won't
last long. If it's going badly, don't worry, that won't last long either.

5. Old friends are gold! New friends are diamonds! If you get a
diamond, don't forget the gold! Because to hold a diamond, you
always need a base of gold!

6. Often when we lose hope and think this is the end,
God smiles from above and says, "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a
bend, not the end!"

7. When God solves your problems, you have faith in His abilities;
when God doesn't solve your problems, He has faith in your
abilities.

8. A blind person asked St. Anthony, "Can there be anything worse
than losing eye sight?" He replied, "Yes, losing your vision!"

9. When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them;
sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that
someone has prayed for you.

10. Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes
away today's peace. 


'til next time. . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorita - it is nice to meet you! I see you've become my newest follower on my blog. I don't know where you "found" me or my blog, but I'm glad you like it enough to become a follower. You had commented on my off-white afghan, that you had made those as well. Mine is almost 30 years old - we got it for a wedding shower present from a lady at church. It's still one of my favorite throws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie. It is so nice of you to check out my blog. I have been following your for awhile but have not commented before. I can't remember where I found your blog either, most likely from someone else I follow who mentioned one of your posts. My white afghan is also 30 years old, or more. It has been washed many, many times and still looks as good as new.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.