Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Monday, July 15, 2019

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Have you ever noticed on tv shows, that is movies, dramas, soaps, not reality or live shows, that the dialogue is a bit disjointed? They often make a statement with a pause and inflection of the end of a sentence, and the sentence is complete as is. Oh, but wait a minute, they then continue on by either saying the name of the person they are talking to, or add a clause to expand on the thought of the beginning of the sentence. I really notice it on the two soaps I still watch. That pause does not make any sense at all. It is as if the actors forget their lines and have to find the prompter or cue in order to finish their thoughts. 

They also say the person's first and last names as if no one knows who they mean, even though they are all close friends or relatives. Who writes this stuff anyway?

There is my pet peeve.   . . . . . . . . dear readers, as I sign off for today. (notice the period and pause?)

2 comments:

  1. I think the writers are the cheapest they can find and then the editing..... well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. also the directing. Some of the story lines are so stupid that I wonder why I still watch, but it seems like the characters become family and friends and need to keep up on their lives.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.