Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER






WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER

This is the theme for 2020. At this time we are in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic that is world wide. There are many rules, among them are keeping at least 6 feet apart, stay at home, wear medical type masks, no large events and many things cancelled. Stores and restaurants have been closed (but that restriction is cancelled and some are starting to reopen.) About 20% unemployment in the country due to all the closings.

It is a dreary story so I am not going to dwell on it. I am doing well. I have not gone anywhere. Period. Yesterday I did go to the clinic to get my finger pricked for a protime test, but it was curbside service. The nurse came out to my van in full safety gear to do the test. My blood is at the right thinness so I can wait a month to have it done again.

I do not have a face mask since I don't plan to go anywhere, but I think I will have to break down and get one in case I do need to go somewhere. The masks are hard to find as most places are sold out. Many are sewing their own masks and I might have to resort to that.



My two Bible study ladies check up on me now and then. One offers to get groceries for me when she goes shopping for herself and her mother, and I order a lot more shelf stable groceries online. I am pretty well stocked up on those things now, it is just fresh stuff my friend has to get for me. Both gals will bring me a meal now and then and that is always a treat as I get tired of what I usually eat every day.

I don't mind the seclusion as it just seems an extension of my usual winter hibernation. I have plenty to keep me busy and no chance of boredom for me. I am working on a new afghan for the next church auction.

I can't seem to get my mind on blogging, however, so I apologize for so few posts. Maybe I can get back on track soon.

Until next time . . . . .

6 comments:

  1. So happy you are okay. I was thinking about you and wondering ow you were doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't say much these days as every day is pretty much like all the rest.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lorita, nice to hear from you.
    I’m a little tired of the “in this together” message, it seems to me that while we are all watching out for the virus, we are all doing it alone and on our own.
    Maybe this will all be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, we are doing it alone, but I look at the "in this together" as meaning we are ALL in the same boat. Every country in the world is dealing with the same things we are. What is different is that countries and people are handling this virus in different ways, some good and some not very good. May we all stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I didn’t sound critical or smart aleck, I’m just really getting tired of this and you know I LIKE to be at home but even for me, it’s gotten to be too much.
      I’m glad your friends are looking out for you ❤️

      Delete
    2. Rhonda, you did not sound critical or smart aleck. I am tired of it all, too. Everything on tv is about the pandemic, and there is way too much info and repeating on the news. At news conferences reporters keep asking the same questions that nobody has answers for since we don't know what is going to happen with this new 'animal' that we have never seen before. As my daughter reminded me, you can't change stupid. (now I am being critical :o) )

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.