Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

MMM.. . . MMM. . . .GOOD!!

Do you need something quick, easy and delicious to serve with coffee to your friends or family? Have I got a treat for you! Only 6 ingredients and 5 minutes needed to make it, and 40-45 minutes to bake, for a piece of heaven. Quick, easy and delicious. . . . my kind of recipe.

I just tried this recipe today and it is a keeper for sure. For my Dutch friends who love almond patties, this tastes a lot like them, without the flaky pastry. You gotta give this a try.




5-MINUTE ALMOND CAKE

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons almond extract (I use Watkins)
2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
Powdered sugar (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 325 F.

2. Melt butter in glass bowl in microwave. Using a fork, beat the eggs into butter. Add the flour, sugar and almond extract and mix well. Pour into a small (8-inch) pie plate or an 8-inch cake pan and sprinkle sliced almonds on top. Bake 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar, if using. Serves 8.

No mistake, there is no leavening in this recipe. And when it says 'pour' into pie plate, I think it should read 'spread' as the batter is thick. I did not add the powdered sugar on top as it is sweet enough and I think is only used for appearance, plus I didn't feel like going back out to the pantry to find the powdered sugar. I thought I had put plenty of sliced almonds on top but after baking I wish I had added more because I love nuts (all kinds, even human ones).

Naturally I had to have a piece right away to see if it was any good, so it was still warm, and I love it that way!

Come have a cup of coffee with me as I go have another slice. I will share.

4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and I think we would like it too. I'm glad you baked yourself a treat and I will try this recipe soon. I've got several kinds of nuts but no plain almonds. Hmmm, I wonder how it would be with vanilla and pecans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla and pecans sounds good, too. If you try it, let us know what you think. This is a dense "cake", more like a bar, which I failed to mention in the post. You may not want to use 2 teaspoons of vanilla.

      Delete
  2. I made this for breakfast this morning (to go along with scrambled eggs) and it is delicious! It was still warm and a little crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside near the edge. Once it's cooled, I'll wrap most of it and put it away, or there will be none left to enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some sliced almonds today just so I can bake this soon.
    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.