Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Boing, boing, boing. Spring?

It feels like spring here today for the first time. There is barely a trace of snow left, although 15 miles southeast they still have quite a bit of snow. Today it warmed up to 54 degrees, a rare day without wind, and full sunshine to help warm things up. It felt so nice to be in the sun. I opened a couple of windows this afternoon and still have one open about an inch. Love the fresh air! Felix is loving it too, as he sits in the window and smell if another animal gets near. He goes from window to window. I even heard a lot of birds singing while sitting at the computer this afternoon. The first time this year! What a wonderful sound. I also heard the rata-tat of a woodpecker nearby. The world is awakening from the sleep of winter. Yawn and stretch! Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer than today unless they changed the forecast on me. But, being a transition period, there is some colder temperatures coming back in a few days, along with the possibility of snow flurries. They won't last long.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, it's Pat from Kitchener, B.C. checking in with you. We had spring weather here today too! Thank goodness, the snow is going! i will be so glad to see it gone.
    Take Care, glad to hear that your wild life is starting to kick up it's heels.
    Here I notice the deer are getting bigger in the middle and I guess we'll see babies soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, thanks for leaving a note. Weather is colder again today, barely getting above freezing, but it is so nice to get the hint of spring. Baby deer! I love them. They are so cute, but then all babies are cute, even little pigs, but that is the only time I like pigs. LOL

      Delete
  2. Isn't it nice to hear the birds singing busily? They were practically screaming here today, lol. And I watched two mockingbirds face off...Oh yes, it still looks a bit like winter here but it's soon to be a new season and the birds know it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.