Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

TWINKLE TOES

Aren't they pretty?


I couldn't get very good pictures so it is hard to tell that they are a glittery deep purple.

My two friends who come to my Friday morning Bible studies gave me a mani/pedi for a combination birthday and Christmas gift and made it a fun day!

The three of us went together. We first stopped at a small bakery coffee shop and ordered lattes and pastries to go. Then we drove to the next town and had our treats at the nail salon while my feet soaked and I tried to pick out the colors that I wanted. My friends just had manicures or we would have been there all day. As it is, we were there for about 3 hours, leaving at 12:30. Then they took me to lunch at a small cafe/coffee shop that has a very limited but very good menu. Fun, fun, fun!

And here is the result of the manicure. Again, not great pictures. It was hard to not get too much shine from the flash.

I chose a more 'sedate' color for my hands. I gravitate to the lighter rose shades so if it chips it isn't so noticeable. I wish I knew what the name of the color is but I don't think I even heard the name. I didn't think to ask. It is slightly pearlized. Then I added some silver glitter at the base and she slightly pulled it part way to the tip. The glitter sparkles with a prism of colors when the light shines on it. Of course, I also had to do the single featured nail that is so popular today, and so my ring fingers have white chevron stripes stamped on. I LOVE IT! Now I am spoiled, but it is something I can't afford so it will probably be the one and only time I will have it done.

My friends convinced me to do the shellac polish and I am so amazed that after 5 weeks (yes five!) they are still looking as good as when I left the salon. If you look really close you can see how much the nails have grown near the cuticle. But it is not noticeable because of the lighter, more natural color.

I'd say that my friends got their money's worth with their gift. Thank you so much for a very fun gift.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was very nice to be pampered! And I am still enjoying them every day as I look at them often just to admire (and ignore all the wrinkles).

      Delete
  2. You are stylin' girl. I need to give mom a pedicure soon as she will be in sandals and needs to have pretty feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wear sandals so I am always barefoot in the house. I only put socks on when it is really cold.

      Delete
    2. And I know your mother will appreciate her pretty feet when you are done!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.