Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Monday, April 1, 2019

BOING BOING!


Spring has sprung, finally! At least for now. There is a slight chance of a little snow tonight but highs in the mid to upper 40's for tomorrow so it won't last long. Hopefully we won't get any snowstorms this month, but there are no guarantees in this part of the country.

I have been keeping busy crocheting again. I had a special order to make an afghan using the jumbo bulky yarn. I had never worked with that before so it was a little bit of trial and error to begin with. The hook is huge, about the thickness of a broom handle. I finally got the hang of it, even though the stitches are still not as uniform as I would like. I usually hold the hook like a pencil when I crochet, but with the huge hook I had to palm it. I know many use hooks that way but that is not the way I learned it.

 This yarn is like chenille so it is fuzzy and warm.



Now I am finished with that project I am crocheting winter hats with the yarn I was given at my 75th birthday party.


Some of the yarn is shown in the bushel basket above, but when we got back home there was a whole lot more. It will keep me busy for a long time.

I am also hooked on working jig saw puzzles on the computer as I watch tv. That is very addictive! It is also a time stealer, so I don't get other things done. I should be "good" and not do those things until I have my other work done, but what is the fun in that?!

'They say' that when you get older you go into your second childhood. I guess I am there. I only want to play.

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.