Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Faith Friday - Light of Discovery

FAITH FRIDAY

LIGHT OF DISCOVERY

'The LORD. . . gives the sun for light by day and moon and the stars for light by night (Jeremiah 31:35)

The whole Scripture reference to be read with this devotion is Jeremiah 32:33-35.

33.  "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34.  No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."
35.This is what the LORD says, he who appoints the sun to shine by day, who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar-- the LORD Almighty is his name:

Whether by day or night, light fuels human discovery. Visual perception, our eyesight, is based on processing information conveyed by visual light. If you can see anything at all, even the faintest blur in a dark room, it is because your eye is receiving light. What we call light and dark are relative terms, considering there are virtually no natural places on the surface of the earth that do not have some form of visible light present.

So it is with spiritual discovery. In this passage the Lord speaks through Jeremiah about a day in which God's people will know him so intimately that his law will be written on their hearts. They will no longer need to teach one another about who God is, because they will all know him, every last one. With the coming of Jesus Christ, who called himself the light of the world, God fulfilled this promise. Jesus taught us what it means to follow the law; he took our sins upon himself and reconciled us to God.

Jesus Christ is more than just spiritual light for Christians; he is the light of the world. Even those who do not believe can see dim blurs of spiritual truth because of the light of Jesus. Let us walk in this light, discovering who God is and who we are called to be.

-- Rob Matthews

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the light of your Son, by whom we see and are reconciled to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.