Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Dilemma!

In a previous post I showed you my stuffed, unorganized food pantry when I was in the middle of removing the front half of the shelves so that I can find things better. Here is the picture when I was done, not  completely organized and neat, but at least like things are with like things - fruits, veggies, canisters, etc. And this is after I put in all the new items that I had recently purchased to build up my stores. I didn't think I would get it all to fit, but so far, so good. The paper shopping bag on the floor holds all the empty plastic containers that I have been saving to use for storing things that come in bags and boxes, but are not being used right now. No sense taking up shelf space yet, right? I do still need to work on emptying a few bags and boxes before I have it all done.



Oops! I went shopping again! A couple of grocery stores had a 2-day sale of loss leaders that I could not pass up, and some were things I will use right away, but many were to add to the reserve stores. There are 8, yes eight, 12 packs of soda pop! And I had weaned myself off of all sodas several years ago, so only have one on rare occasions. So what am I doing with all this? I just cannot pass up a good bargain! These were on sale with a coupon @ 4 for $7.88, that is 4 Pepsi and 4 Coke products. One coupon for each product. But now, where am I going to put them in an already full pantry? I bought a lot more stuff but much of it went into the fridge and freezer, and a few things I found room for in the kitchen cupboards as they will be used almost every day.




Voila! It all went in! I did have to remove the shopping bag with the empty containers to make room on the floor for all that soda pop. There is a bag of flour and a bag of sugar sitting on top of the soda pop, but their canisters are almost empty so I need to transfer them when I get the time.


So now this pantry is just about done. Next I need to work on the appliance/cookware pantry just to the right and out of sight in the picture. It hasn't been that long ago that I worked on it, but I am still not happy with it, and am certain there are things in there that I really don't need. I do need to have it organized so that the things I use most often are handy to get at, otherwise I just don't use it unless I absolutely have to. And I know there are things in there that I would use if it was more convenient to get to them.

Now I need to get to work. While writing this I got a call from my daughter and we talked for an hour. So now it is time for lunch first, and then try to get some housework done today.

2 comments:

  1. good job! your after pictures look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Lorita! I love it when my pantry is nice and organized - I just wish it would do stay organized!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.