Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Advent Devotions for December 28, 2012

This is the second and last devotion I wrote for the church booklet. I hope it is a blessing to you.



December 28, 2012

 

Read Matthew 2: 1-12.

 

Here we read the story of the Magi bringing gifts to Jesus. The story calls Him a young child at this point, and it has been decided He was close to two years old by the time the Magi arrived. It would take a long time to travel all the way from the East after first seeing the star of Bethlehem. They brought with them some very precious gifts, fit for a king. Could this be Jesus’ first birthday party?

 

That’s what we do too, isn’t it. All the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins come bearing gifts for a young child’s birthday. Not to mention the birthday cake complete with candles for the number of years, and maybe balloons and other decorations, and it is a happy time. We might not bring gifts fit for a king, but many of them can be quite expensive these days.

 

What kind of gifts do we bring to Jesus for His birthday now? Have you even given any thought about bringing Jesus a birthday gift? We often spend a lot of time choosing gifts for loved ones, hoping that it is something they will love and cherish, and think of us whenever they see it.  And for Jesus, do we just toss a little extra in the offering plate and call it done?  What could we give Him that He will love and cherish and think of us whenever He sees it?

 

Dear Lord, I come wishing you a Happy Birthday.  I bow before you and give you my heart and soul, and ask that you show me what else I may give. I thank you for all the amazing gifts you have given me, most importantly, eternal life. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.