Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It has been awhile

It has been awhile since I sat down to chat with you all. It has been a combination of busy, and being tired. Last week was not one I want to see for long while.

I already made mention of the wedding I attended a week ago Saturday. The next day I had a funeral visitation to go to as my brother-in-law had passed away. He was the groom's grandpa. Then Monday was the funeral. Lot of visiting with family and friends. The next day my friend called me to say that a grand-nephew of my husband's first wife had committed suicide. He was 53, never was married. I guess he was very depressed on several issues. It was a total shock to everyone. He sometimes came to visit wit my husband and I got to know him fairly well. I probably should have gone to the funeral this past Friday, but I was still worn out from all the previous weekend activities. I could should have gone to another funeral - the father of a friend from church - on Saturday. Three funerals within 6 days. They say things come in threes, so I think we are done for awhile.

It was actually a good thing I stayed home Friday as a man from church stopped and asked to pick up my lawn mower and he would service it as well as sharpen the blade! It seems God keeps nudging people and telling them what I need, since I had been thinking (and only thinking) I should find someone to sharpen that blade. I don't think it has ever been done. When he brought it back he said it needed sharpening really bad. Then, at 5 pm one of the boys this friend had hired to do my mowing showed up to see where he is to mow, find the mower, etc. Half hour later he came back and mowed. PTL! All this is proof that when you trust God completely, He provides and fills your needs.

My oldest daughter called a few days ago, and we talked for 2 hours and 20 minutes! It was a very fruitful talk, and am pleased to find out she is doing a Bible study. That is another answer to prayer. She also said she was decluttering, getting rid of lots of 'stuff', and currently working on shredding a bunch of papers. That spurred me on to finish the job I started months ago. So the last few days I have been sorting papers and doing some shredding. I have some that need to be filed, and a bag full that will be recycled. Not done yet, but on my way! I will probably go through some of it again and close my eyes and toss some more, but want to get this initial run finished for now.

We have had one HOT day today - way above normal. It got to 100 for a short time this afternoon. It was 106F just 50 miles south of us. Not humid thought, so that is good, except for the fire danger. I closed up the windows that had been open all night, and the house stayed comfortable without turning on the AC. Tomorrow - back in the upper 70s I think. As Tracey said on FB, Mother Nature is having hot flashes. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.