Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Tell me. . . .

Where does time go? It was just here a second ago.

What happens to plan you make? Seriously!

I have lots of ideas and projects in my mind that I want to do, but it seems they don't get done and I really have no excuse. I don't have a job, I don't go anywhere, I don't have family nearby. I really don't have any demands on my time at all. And maybe that is the problem. I often seem to get things done when under pressure. Now it is so easy to procrastinate, and as I have said before, I am a pro when it comes to that.

I need to take some pictures of all the things I want to show you, but I need a flat surface that is cleaned off to do that. Oops. Don't have one. . . yet.

I have a tall stack of things I want pictures of, and it seems to just get taller instead of smaller. Oops.

In years past I always wanted to start the new year with a clean house. It hasn't happened since my husband died, and it isn't going to happen this year, unless I get myself off this chair and get busy. And that isn't going to happen today. It is already almost 3 pm as I write this. I know probably most of you are thinking there is still plenty of time to get things done. I just don't work well after dark anymore, unless it is on the computer or in front of the TV as I watch my favorite shows. My computer time seems to be eaten up by genealogy for the last while, and checking email, Facebook, daily crossword/sudoku/cryptogram/numbrix. By the time I get that all done my eyes are burning and I am ready for a nap and/or coffee and a snack.

Right now there are 3 very thick, heavy, old photo albums at the bottom of that tall stack. Then another smaller album that my mother put together that has some info for genealogy, and a very old scrapbook of hers that is falling apart and paper deteriorating. I want to share some of that with you, including picture. And then there is my old cookbook that I have been getting old favorite recipes to give you. I could keep adding lists of things I want to show you but you will have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.