Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

AUTUMN LEAVES


"Autumn Leaves" has always been a favorite oldie for me. I haven't heard it in a long, long time. Maybe I should check youtube and see if it is there.

I was reminded of that song this week since we had a few windy days, and that meant a LOT of leaves came down and some trees are already looking a little naked.

Right now the city street sweeper is going down the streets, next to the curb and sweeping all the leaves and debris toward the middle of the street. Then another vehicle comes along and picks up what was swept. Both of them are raising a whole lot of dust! Thankfully it is blowing away from my house today! My house is dusty enough.

When the sweeper was in front of my neighbor's house there was even more dust kicked up because his yard has been all dirt most of the summer. I was hoping by now that grass had been planted, or sod put down because I am really tired of how quickly and thick my house gets dusty this year. I hope they don't wait until spring or next summer to get that yard done! But they don't seem to be in a hurry to get their project finished.

It is so easy to complain about what others do, isn't it? I so want to see how it will all look when finished. I know it will be a huge improvement and very different than it was. The back yard with the new patio will allow them to use that part of the yard  that had really been wasted space for years, so I am happy for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.