Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's Cooking. . . . Old Favorites - Tuna Casserole (5 ingredient)

Old Favorites

Last week I told you about the old community cookbook from the 1960's that I have used often, and has many family favorites. When I try a recipe and like it, I write 'good' or 'very good' next to it. If we did not like a recipe at all, I X'd it out. That way I know I have tried it and not to make it again.

Today's recipe is a very simple one and only 5 ingredients.

TUNA CASSEROLE

1 can tuna, drained (note: a can of tuna had more ounces in it in the 1960's, so     may need 2 today)
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 soup can milk
3/4 package chow mein noodles

Place layer of tuna, layer of noodles, layer of veg-all, one half of soup in baking dish. Repeat. Pour milk over all. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Do not add salt.


On the same page is another tuna casserole recipe that is slightly different. It is one that I have not tried yet, but could be a very good way to use up some left over potato chips (who would have those? Once the bag is open, the chips are eaten until gone around here.) I find potato chips quite expensive these days, but when there is a sale at 1/2 price, I will buy a couple bags.  This is another 5 ingredient recipe.


TUNA OR CHICKEN CASSEROLE

1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can drained flaked tuna or 1 small can chicken
1/2 cup milk
1 1/4 cups crushed potato chips
1 cup unsalted cooked peas, drained (frozen peas taste best, but canned peas       will do)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Empty soup into quart casserole. Add milk and mix thoroughly. Add tuna or chicken, peas and 1 cup potato chips to the soup, stir only until mixed. Sprinkle remaining chips on top. Bake 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.