Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What's Cooking . . .Old Cook Book

OLD COOK BOOK


If you like to look at old books, this cook book is interesting. It was in a kitchen drawer in my husband's house when I moved in. His first wife did not cook much, so my husband did most of the cooking, and her sister did a lot of baking and canning for them for payment of having her hair done, since his first wife was a beautician. Since my husband didn't cook with recipes I doubt that this book was used much. It looks like the grandkids played with it from the crayon marks on the cover.

Copyright dates are 1941 and 1943

I think the list of contents is interesting. This book seems to cover everything in the kitchen! Take a look and find the more unusual subjects.



Want to know how to cook eggplant? Here are six ways. All types of foods cooked in just about every way imaginable, at least back in the 1940's, are listed in this book.



Since I recently blogged about 2 cream pies I make, I thought you might like to see some of the recipes for cream pies back then. How about a coffee cream pie? Or a date cream pie, or orange cream pie?


If you would like to try one of these unusual pies, let me know and I will put the recipe here on the blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.