Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What's Cooking - Busy Day Mexican Casserole

Busy Day Mexican Casserole
 

I can't say this is the most appetizing picture, but let me say that I found this new recipe quite tasty and easy. So for you busy mothers you may want to try this one (the rest of you as well). This is a crockpot dish and one that you can keep ingredients on hand for an easy meal.

Busy Day Mexican Casserole

1 10 count package of frozen burritos
1 large can enchilada sauce
1 pint fresh salsa
1 pound shredded cheese

Put all but the cheese in the crockpot. Cook on low for 4 hours. Half hour before serving add the cheese to melt it. Serve.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I used the hot, spicy kind of burritos, but use whatever kind your family likes - beef and bean, chicken, etc.
I only had an 8 oz package of shredded cheddar and thought that was plenty of cheese, so would suggest using whatever amount you like. Someone had suggested it sounded like too much liquid but I did not think so. You can see on the plate that it is not runny. I think the melted cheese thickens it.

I used fresh salsa found in the produce section of the store, or might find in the deli area. I would think that you could use your favorite jar of salsa when you can't get to the store for the fresh, or make your own fresh salsa. Many of you make your own burritos and freeze them, so by all means, use 10 of those. I am lazy so used the frozen ones from the grocery store as the recipe called for. Some day I will make the effort to make them myself and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.