Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baking again


This is the loaf of basic white bread I made yesterday. And yes, I just HAD to have a slice while it was still warm out of the oven and it was delicious! Since I made the 1 1/2 lb recipe and that is too big for my bread pans, I decided to go the simplest route there is and just leave it in a ball. I did end up with a few small air bubbles but not bad at all. I have cut the loaf in half and then cut slices from that and it makes a nice size slice and fits in the toaster too. I think a toasted cheese sandwich is on order for lunch today.

Today I am about ready to make a pan of caramel rolls. Since the recipe makes a dozen that fit in a 9x13" pan, I hope to get some in the freezer before I eat them all. ;o) Can you tell I love caramel rolls?

I don't know why I didn't do this years ago as I have had the bread machine for a long time. But then I baked the bread in the machine, too, and I guess we only liked it the first day, plus did not like the thick crust. I guess I was just too lazy.

Since I am trying to stay out of the grocery store until after May 1, this bread baking has helped me to do that so far. I am getting low on several things, like milk and eggs, but if I am careful I think I can make it. With all this bread baking I will have to buy more bread flour as well. I think I better change one cup of the flour for the cinnamon rolls to whole wheat to save a little on the white bread flour. I have done that before as I want the extra fiber and they were still very good.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.