Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Friday, April 6, 2012

The Lost is Found

A few months ago I had gotten in my van and realized that one of the cane tips from my four-footed cane was missing. So I checked all over in the front seat area of the van, looked around in the garage where I had walked and nothing. After shopping and trying to find some replacement tips in Walmart, which did not have the right size, I came home and looked around in the house. I was sure it had to be here somewhere since I first noticed it before leaving home. But it was nowhere to be found. So I went to the local drugstore where I had gotten some before, bought a box of 4 tips, went home and was going to put one on and they were way too big! They looked the same on the outside but the hole was too big so it would not stay on. Back to the store and showed them to the clerk. She went to the back of the store to get the right ones and she had a hard time finding one that fit. Why don't they make them all a universal size?? Now I have 3 extras left for the next time I lose one, and it happens now and then when they catch on something or get caught in the holes of the store cart where I put it while shopping.

And now, I have found the original one that was lost! And in a place I would never have thought to look. I have a 3 bag divided laundry sorter that sits in my closet. It is simply a PVC pipe frame with a mesh base under the 3 mesh bags, and the cane tip was under one of those bags. I took one of them out that was full and carried it to the laundry room to wash that load. When I brought the empty bag back, there was the cane tip. I can't tell you how many times those bags have been taken out and put back and I never noticed the tip until now. How in the world did it get there? I know I did not put the cane on that mesh base. The only thing I can think of is that when it caught on something and came off it flipped up and happened to land there on a wash day. So now I have all four spares and am well prepared. . . if I can only remember where I put them when I need one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.