Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I found a place

I finally found a place to set my seed pots so that they get some sun. My kitchen window above the sink faces west. I have the seed pots on a foil lined cookie sheet so that it is easier to move around, and it suddenly dawned on me that I can put that pan across the sink, open the window shutters and let the sun shine in on them. It works! I also have the base of a celery stalk and 3 bottoms of romaine lettuce in water on that sheet as well. The celery I did a couple days ago and the center is already coming up. The lettuce I just did today.  And now we wait.






3 comments:

  1. Perfect excuse to not do dishes!! Just hide them underneath until you feel like it. I think I will steal that idea. My mom used to always put her dishes in the dishpan (she lived alone and didn't want to do them every meal) and put them in the oven.Grandma D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma D, you are very perceptive! There are dirty dishes under there. They have to go somewhere until I have time to do them, right? I have too much stuff under the sink to put them in a dishpan and hide down there. And I have to store my frying pans in the oven as there is no space in the cupboards.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I didn't know you could grow more celery that way!! I knew about avocados, potatoes but not celery. Will need to try that.

    blessings, jilly

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.