Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING FUNNY


While looking for something else, I ran across this old birth announcement card from 1960. Greeting cards have sure changed in style, haven't they?



  
Notice at the bottom the person that sent this added some of their own artwork with a ball point pen.

And inside --




Again, more pen artwork added.

This came from my aunt and uncle who had no children. Instead they had two full size poodles. I think they found a very appropriate card, with their additions, to announce their new puppy, don't you?

Today, when I think of a poodle I think of the small miniature poodles that are so popular now. But my aunt and uncle had full size poodles and they are large dogs - and in the house. I remember my aunt telling the story that when their dogs got mad at them, they peed on their bed pillows! I don't think I would leave my bedroom door open in that case. I would even be tempted to get rid of the dogs, but I know how difficult it is to get rid of a fur baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.