Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Monday, March 31, 2014

TPAD

Have any of you checked out "A Slob Comes Clean" blog? I can identify with many of the things she blogs about. I mean, once you clean up an area it should stay that way, right? But, what actually happens is while your back is turned a split second it all falls apart again. Does that happen at your house too?

She and I also share the same disorder - TPAD. (Have you noticed that everything goes by initials these days? ADD, ADHD, PMS, OMG. You get the idea.)

So what is TPAD?

Time Passage Awareness Disorder

I never knew it had a name, but I've got it. I have no concept of the passage of time. Like when I am talking to the doctor. "When did you first notice the symptoms?" Heavens, I don't know! "When was your last period?" Good grief! That has been so long ago that I have no idea. I am sure you wrote it down somewhere in the records.  "What surgeries have you had and the dates?" You've got to be kidding, right? I know what surgeries I have had, but no clue what year, much less the month and day. However, I do remember the year I had my appendix removed. It was June 1963, the day after we returned from Missouri when my cousin got married, and I was 3 months pregnant with my second child. But if it weren't for remembering what year my child was born, I would have no clue what year I had that surgery. I can't even remember what year I had my hip replaced, and it hasn't been that long ago. Is it 6 years, or 7? I think it was either May or June.

Most of the time I wake up and wonder what day of the week it is, and have no clue what the date is, other than the year, although I sometimes write the wrong year on a check - like 10 years ago! No, I am pretty sure it isn't Alzheimer's. It is just not paying attention to the calendar. My days are pretty much all alike and just a blur in my memory. Was it Monday that it snowed? Or was it Wednesday? Does it really matter? I guess that is why I don't remember. It just doesn't matter what day it snowed. It doesn't matter what day I went grocery shopping last week. (I think it was last week, or was it the week before?)

When you have 70 years of memories, knowledge, and wisdom crammed into your head, there just isn't room for the things you don't need to remember. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be room for some of the things I should be remembering either. Oh well, as my husband would always say, "In a hundred years it won't matter anyway." Wise man.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.