Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Faith Friday - But God

FAITH FRIDAY
But God. . . . . .
This is from another devotional that made me do some thinking. I quote from "The Daily Bread" devotional from last year, and written by Julie Ackerman Link.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Howard Sugden, my pastor when I was in college, preached many memorable sermons. After all these years, the one titled "But God. . ." still makes me stop whenever I come to those words in the Bible. Here are a few examples of verses that encourage me with the reminder of God's righteous intervention in human affairs:

"You meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to.  . . save many people alive." (Gen. 50:20)

"Their beauty shall be consumed in the grave . . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave." (Ps. 49:14-15)

"My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Ps. 73:26)

"For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:7-8)

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard . . . the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit." ( 1 Cor. 2:9-10)

Whenever you feel discouraged, look up some "but God" verses and be reassured of God's involvement in the lives of those who love Him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We may fail, "but God" is faithful forever. Whenever doubt enters our mind, remember that God is faithful. When darkness closes in, God is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.