Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What's Cooking - Mom's Cinnamon Rolls


This is one of Mom's favorite recipes, and one I loved to eat. It was featured in the local newspaper sometime in 1958 or 1959. If you still like to make bread dough the old fashioned way, this recipe is for you. It won't fit in my bread machine, but maybe if yours makes 2 pounds it might work.

MOM'S CINNAMON ROLLS

1 cup milk
1 pkg dry yeast
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups flour
1teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
1/4 cup salad oil

Scald milk. When cooled to lukewarm, add yeast (which has been dissolved in 1/4 cup lukewarm water), sugar, and 2 cups flour.

Next add salt, eggs, oil and remaining flour. Knead well, let rise until double.

Roll 1/4 inch thick, spread 3 Tablespoons butter over and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar to suit taste.

Roll and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices and place in greased pan.

Let rise until light.

Before baking, pour over top of raised rolls:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon butter melted
1/4 cup water.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes.

This dough may be used for clover leaf rolls and doughnuts.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here is a tip for cutting the rolls.

Use dental floss. Put a length of dental floss under the long roll, bring up each end and cross over the top and pull tight. Roll is cut very neatly. I suggest you don't use the mint flavored floss, though.

(I know, I should have pictures of the process and finished rolls, but I was in a hurry to get this post written. Who knows, maybe they will show up later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.