Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

'Tis Home Sweet Home - Favorite Flowers

 
FAVORITE FLOWERS
 

African violets. I love them. I remember my mother always having several sitting on the ledge of the dining room double windows facing east. I have had a few, off and on over the years. I didn't have very good luck with them in some of the houses we lived in and once they died I didn't replace them. Now I have two of them, both different colors and not the most common violet color - the one from which we get the color called violet. The one above is the largest one I have grown so far so maybe my thumb has gotten slightly greener.

 
 
This is the smaller one and a lighter pink. I really need to find a larger pot for this one. I keep forgetting to check in the supply I have in the garage. I would like to have at least one of every color but I don't have room for any more right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.