Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

CLUTTER, CLUTTER, GO AWAY. . .

AND DON'T COME BACK ANOTHER DAY!!

I need to sit a bit and take a break. I have been working on my laundry closet. I only call it the laundry closet because it is across the room from the washer and dryer. The only thing in the closet that is even remotely connected to laundry is the extra jug of Tide that I bought some time ago when it was on sale for a really good price and I bought two. It really holds things that I don't know where else to put them, including the carpet shampooer, season items, shelves with Bible study reference books, tools, humidifier, among several other things.

I am working on that closet today because two of my kids are coming on Sunday and I knew there were some things in there that I want them to take to the garage for me, and a couple of small boxes of stuff that I will donate the next time the Goodwill trailer comes to town, or the next time I get to Sioux City, whichever comes first. They will go directly into the back of my van.

It was long past the time that the closet should have been cleaned out, and it probably would not get done now if the kids were not coming. I don't have time to do a proper cleaning or organizing in there this week, but at least I got the things out that need to be out, and the rest put back in a reasonable fashion. I did not take time to get a before picture taken, but I will try to get a picture of all that is going out, if I don't forget later. Right now I just need to rest.

I am also watching other people work outside the window. I love watching other people work. <grin> My neighbor that hauled in loads and loads of dirt is now having his patio done. There are guys out there putting in forms for cement and now have dumped sand in and packing that down. I hate to say it, but I would make that patio larger if it were me. It always seems that they are never big enough once you start using them. The same with porches.

Back to decluttering. I was reading A Slob Comes Clean early this morning and she mentioned something I should listen to. She had a collection of pictures and signs she planned to put on the wall once she had the 'perfect' arrangement and the ideal place to put them. They were scattered here and there and a mess. So she finally decided to 'just hang them'! She dusted them off and hung some up on nails that were already in the wall. The rest she set around on shelves and wherever she could find a place to display them. So now they are visible even though they are not in their final places.

I know exactly what she is talking about! I had many wall things either still in boxes or in drawers or standing on the floor along side a piece of furniture, but out of the way (until time to clean) that used to hang in the other house, but I had not found the right spot in this house. One day I got tired of moving some of them to clean, so told myself I just needed to find a place for them or get rid of them. So I did get several hung up. I still have two that are sitting on the floor next to this computer desk, plus two 'new' ones that I really want to hang. Those last two I just recently framed of my mother's baptism and confirmation certificates. They are really large for certificates. One took a 16x20 frame and the other a 12x16 frame. They are beautiful pieces of artwork and calligraphy, not to mention the sentimental value. So I am adding that to my to-do list for my kids to do while here. That list keeps growing and they are not going to be here very long, and we need time to visit. So it will be interesting to see how much we get done.

Now I better get busy again. I still have lots to do before my Bible study meets here early tomorrow morning. (groan) I am writing this Thursday, so Bible study is Friday morning, not the day after this is published.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.