Welcome!


Welcome! I am glad you are here. Join me with a cup of your favorite beverage and see what is going on in my life and what is on my mind. I would love to have you join my site and you can do that on the left side where it says 'followers'. And please leave a comment! Thanks for visiting.

Monday, June 17, 2013

This & That - Old Hospital Bill

 
Can you believe this??
$20.50 for a 2-day stay in the hospital plus the operating room and lab fee. Total bill!
1947
This was for my tonsillectomy when I was 4 years old. I still remember being in that hospital and I hated it. I fought tooth and nail to avoid the rectal thermometer! I also remember the ice cream I got to eat. And after I got home I could drink tea.
Today, that $20 is just a drop in the bucket, but in 1947 I am guessing my parents may have even had a hard time coming up with that.
I wonder how much the doctor charged. I don't think I have that bill among all the old papers in the drawer.
When I had the cyst removed near my vocal chord at the beginning of the year, the ENT doctor said they did a really good job removing my tonsils and adenoids all those years ago. That is always good to know. :o)
 
(I debated putting this post in this category or Down Memory Lane. I guess it could go either way, but I needed a post for today.)
 


1 comment:

  1. It would be nice to have a bill like that today wouldn't it??

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.